• William Preston is viewed as "the dean" by many. His clientele is made up of notable Florida corporations and, to a lesser extent, public sector bodies. In the past year, contaminated land has proved the focus of his workload, with real estate lawyers often seeking out his specialist knowledge in this area, particularly regarding groundwater contamination. Recent work has involved the remediation of two disused industrial sites. Preston's network of contacts in the regulatory agencies also makes him a popular choice for negotiating permits and consents.
• “Great expertise with the DEP, who have a great deal of trust in him”.
• William Preston is "an outstanding lawyer; he asks clear, concise questions and is good at translating technical information."
• William Preston represents major public electrical utilities and manufacturing corporations; he is particularly expert at matters relating to solid waste.
• "He's a straight shooter who doesn't take unreasonable positions and as a result his opinion carries a lot of weight."
• William Preston has garnered praise for his "adept handling of complex, detailed regulatory matters," particularly in hazardous waste. "He's a great problem solver who works closely with his clients to reach a resolution."
• William Preston is a first choice for mid sized companies seeking advice on regulation compliance.
• He is always impressing me with the expanse of his knowledge and the solutions he suggests – they always seem to be right."
• William Preston "works extremely well with the regulatory agencies, who hold him in regard." Preston is said to "excel" in water and hazardous waste issues.
• William Preston won acclaim as "one of the very best in the state, particularly for soil contamination and brownfields work."
• William Preston "is without a doubt, a veteran of the field." Offering "unique perspectives", he is famed for his advice on the regulatory aspects of environmental law.
William D. Preston, P.A. continues to serve as lead Florida regulatory counsel in a complex multi environmental agency case involving compliance with applicable state and federal regulations at a closed animal feed supplement manufacturing facility near Tampa, Florida.
William D. Preston, P.A. represents two major Florida public electric utilities in the site assessment and necessary remediation associated with company electric transmission and distribution facilities throughout Florida. This work includes close coordination and involvement with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
William D. Preston, P.A. represents a national mining and fertilizer manufacturing corporation interacting with both the U.S. EPA and Florida Department of Environmental Protection with respect to development and implementation of specific numeric nutrient standards and criteria to be established in surface water bodies throughout the State of Florida.
Duke Energy Florida
PCS Administration (USA), Inc. (Potash Corporation)
Honeycomb Company of America
HRK Holdings, LLC